So the kids were sitting at the counter having lunch before church today, and Craig turned to me and asked, "Is bits a bad word?" Sometimes, Craig's pronunciation isn't all that clear, so I heard something else. I immediately said, "Yes, it's a really bad word. Who did you say it to? " He responded, "Kylee. Sorry" Then Ainslee piped up and said, "I'm sorry too, Mom. I said it twice." So I then asked, "Why in the world would you guys call Kylee that?", completely miffed about how I thought they had been throwing around the "B" word and Kylee (who I think is the only one of the three who has possibly heard that word and would know it is not to be said) didn't come running to rat them out. Craig then calmed my fears when he said, "I didn't call her anything. I told her I was going to burn her to bits!" I told him next time he should say bits and pieces. Then I realized I had completely overlooked the fact that I should be concerned he had told her he was going to burn her! He told me he was kidding, but we still had a little chat about that! The things they say....


4 comments:
That is so funny. Austin says fish the same way Craig says bits. It makes me laugh, because he is little and doesn't know how to say "f" yet.
We had a dog named Buck when the boys were little .... need I say more
I can just here him now...I already miss that little sweet thing.
So funny! Innocent little kids are so adorable!
Post a Comment