When I originally started blogging, I did it so that I could feel that I was doing a better job of keeping some sort of journal. I intended to do it at least every week. Well, I do a better job of blog stalking other people's blogs than I do posting on my own. So there goes that idea! I blog as good as I keep a journal. I guess I get distracted rather easily, wanting to keep up on what's going on with those I love. So, I don't really feel it's a waste of time. I am going to try to better at posting something, so I can look back at my blogs and not have the same feelings when I look back at missing pages of my journal. (The first few days of the year there's something; it's the rest of the year the pages are blank!) I also feel that I have to post some photo, which obviously is not the law, just in my mind! So if what I write is boring, maybe that's how my week was. But I will blog on!
This past couple of weeks was normal day to day stuff. We did attend Paul's cousin's wedding and that was fun for him to see some of the family from his side. I am so glad I married my best friend. We cherish the little time we get to spend together. I love him as much if not more that the day I married him!
The big event was that Brynlee, who has been perfectly capable of being potty trained, decided that she wanted to be! All of the time! I just let her decide on her own that diapers are gross, (not to mention, expensive) and that she is a big girl. Yippee! She wants to do what the older kids are doing. She is such a ham and will do anything to make you laugh! She knows what she wants when she wants it and will tell you. She has the most infectious laugh and I just love her so much!
Kylee is still going to dance class, and should be in an acting class for as dramatic as she is! What will I do when she is a teenager? I love her to death though. She is such a great help and is very responsible when it comes right down to it. She is so smart and a lot of fun!. She is preparing a talent for activity days. She loves to be with her friends but also with her siblings who she takes such good care of.
Craig is the sweetest, kindest, most mellow child ever! He is so good to his sisters! Brynlee loves him and Ainslee and he are the best of friends. For Kylee's talent show, I asked if she was going to dance, and Craig sincerely said, "She should sing, she has a great voice". (Which was a very kind thing to say.) He also cracks us up with some of the things he says. We were eating ribs for dinner one night this week and he asked if ribs were made from humans or animals! He is so funny. He brings the trash cans up without being asked and is just so willing to do what is asked, especially if it earns him time on his DS. He'd play 24/7 if allowed. He keeps the balance in our family with 3 girls! I just love his guts out!
Ainslee has been not feeling so well. She has had a fever and this nagging cough for a couple of days. I have a doctor's apppointment scheduled for Wednesday for a routine well check and I will have the doctor check her tonsils. They are really big, and she really struggles sometimes, even when she is feeling well to breathe at night. I don't know if this is a contributing factor, but we'll see. I hate seeing her feel so yucky! I absolutely love and adore her. She is so bright and full of life! So when she's down it makes me so sad! She keeps everyone in order. She always knows whose turn it is for prayer and gives the best prayers. Sometimes I need them the most with her!
I know this post is going on and on, but I want to remember these little tidbits in my kids' lives because they grow up so fast. I love my husband and kids so much! I just don't want to forget!
Sunday, January 25, 2009
To Blog or Not to Blog...
Posted by Michelle at 3:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Great post! I loved it.
We still say Craig sayings around our house. Our favorite is "I'm going to puntz you!"
We're so excited to see you in March. What's your family up to Feb 15-17.The kids are out of school but James is working so we were thinking of a road trip. Let me know what your schedule is like.
Yeah for blogging. I'm the queen of boring blog posts but they are fun to look back on and remember.
I love reading posts about just normal everyday stuff! Your kids are so cute and sound so sweet.
I love your kids, too! I love reading about each of them. I planned to do that every week too! Oops! Better get on that! It's nice to have the day to day memories written down.
I do enjoy blogging but I apparently am addicted to Facebook now. I always love your posts & the pics. Oh ya...where's my b-day post? Ha ha jk!
Post a Comment