So, I just had to post this little story, so that I can remember cracking up trying to picture my cute husband losing it! Last night we watched this show called "What would you do?" They set up certain situations to see how people on the street react. This particular episode, they left a "baby" in a locked hot car parked on a street with a bunch of little shops. People reacted, some more than others, some not at all. The "mother" came out from one of the stores and got an earful. She said she did this all of the time and she could see her baby from where she was at. People got angry, even more so when she walked away from the situation to another store. Then the people were let in that they were just actors. I asked Paul what he would do. He said that he would break the window open with a brick and then call the police. SO, today, he calls me after going to the bank. He tells me that he pulls up next to this car. He gets out of the car and sees that there is a 2 year old in the car alone! The windows were rolled down and the car is running! NO MOTHER! The mother is in the bank! Paul goes into the bank and flips out! He yells "Who left their baby alone in the car?" This woman pipes up and says "I did. I do it all of the time. I can see him just fine."(Which I don't get, since you have to go through 2 double doors to get into the bank and the teller windows are further inside) What an idiot! Paul yells at her that even if she could see the baby, if someone were to jump in the car, she would never see that baby again, because she wouldn't be able to get there fast enough. He follows her out to the parking lot and proceeds to tell her anyone could just hop in the car and take her baby, she shouldn't be a mother, etc., etc. and she drives away. He was so shaken up! I could hear it in his voice. He wishes he would have called the cops. I was laughing a little when he called me, even though it's not funny, mostly in disbelief that someone could be so ignorant, but mostly because I was trying to picture Paul standing in the middle of the bank yelling at this lady in front of everyone. I also couldn't believe this happened after just watching that show. Paul said he didn't want to be one of the ones that didn't respond. He responded all right! He was so upset he couldn't even count correctly when he was trying to make a deposit! I am so proud of him though! What would you do?


9 comments:
Hurray for Paul!! He's my hero. And what a dumb mother!
I'm a big chicken!! I would've waited to make sure the baby was safe and when the mother returned I would've done NOTHING. I wish I was stronger like your man. But I would make sure the baby was safe ... does that count for anything??
That is so cool that he did that!! I can't believe that someone would do that especially after all the stories you hear about kidnappings. Good for Paul!!
Big kudos for him! I would've called the police first & then when they arrived, if the mom hadn't come back yet, I would've gone to find her!
That is great that he got so involved. The world needs more people like that! I hope I would do the same thing- okay, maybe in a more calm sort of way. At least maybe she was humiliated enough to change her ways. What a lazy mom! Sure we all wish we could run errands without our kids or leave them while we run in somewhere for a second---BUT WE DON"T!!
way to go Paul. That is swesome. I am not sure what I would do. i would hope to be brave, but really I am chicken. I would be like Tammi and watch the baby, but probably not yell at anyone.
Wow good for him, the world needs more people to stand up and speak their minds especially in that situation!! I bet that lady doesn't do that again.
Travis and I totally watched the same show (same night) as you guys! Kinda funny.
Good for Paul! People ARE idiots. I am glad he said something. He is brave. I am a chicken! I think I would have called the police before I went in so they could deal with it and I wouldn't have to put on a scene. But, I am glad Paul did. Maybe the lady (we can only hope) will think twice about doing that again.
That show is hilar, huh? And the man picking up on the lady at the bar..that was the same night too, eh? The show makes you think....that's for sure!
That's so funny. I actually watched the same TV show. Last week I was with some CPS workers and we ran across a kid alone in a car. The workers waited for the mom to come out of the store and then yelled at her. I don't think I could yet at some one, but I would gently remind them that their kid is so cute someone could and would want to easily take them (not to mention the running car- duh!) My friends at CPS LOVE people with backbones like Paul!
Post a Comment