Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Snow?

So, I was at the point where I was close to being ready for Christmas. We finished the Nutcracker on Wednesday and that was enough craziness in itself. So I figured that I would finish what I needed to finish on Thursday while the kids were in school. My last chance to get things finished WITHOUT children. Friday would be out, not only because it is a short day, but the last day before Christmas break (the parties, programs, etc.) So back to Thursday, actually Wednesday night. It had been snowing through the evening. The last performance ends and backstage all the girls are squealing because they are all getting texted that school is cancelled for Thursday because of the snow. (No, not because we have just a few inches, but our buses aren't equipped to drive in the snow) We leave the venue and snow everywhere! It's 10:00 at night and we see people out building snowmen and having snowball fights. We get home and there was a message from Craig's teacher confirming what we had heard. Crazy! No school, because of snow! The kids were so excited! So, when it snows, what do you do? You make snow angels,



have a snowball fight,



and build a snowhorse! At least my children did. Yes, they have been in snow before. Kylee tried to show Craig how to get the snow into ball form for a snowman, but he was content with his mound of snow that eventually was mountable! I have to admit, waking up to snow was fun! I am just glad it's not everyday. The kids, they loved it! But maybe next time we'll be more prepared! We live in hoodies and might have a pair of mittens! Snow boots? What are those? We didn't stay out too long. In fact, after about 30 minutes in the snow Craig was nowhere to be found. Well, we did find him, taking a nice hot bath! Silly boy!

6 comments:

Wendy said...

See? You're just getting ready for moving up north to be by us!! I love all the pics! Thanks for posting. Have a fabulous Christmas and give those cute kids love from Aunt Wendy!

Davis' said...

I love all your pictures. What a fun day. Merry Christmas !

Palmer family said...

Looks like fun! We have been getting dumped on here this week too. I have kinda been a hermit...staying inside and not going out much. The kids played in it yesterday for about an hour. My boys loved it! Eliza got cold and came in right away. Hope things are going well for all of you. Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Kathy Habel said...

Great pictures!

steph j. said...

Shell, I need you to come live with me so you can photograph my kids when fun things like his happen. It looks like they had a blast and they look so cute in the snow, I just want to kiss and hug them.

jenandjustin said...

Cute snowman friend! The look on Brynlee's face is priceless...leave it to you to capture it sooo well!