Saturday, July 11, 2009

Conversations with Kids, especially Craig

I have to post this while it is still fresh in my memory:

Mom: "Look how pretty the color of the mountains are..." as we were driving home from the library.

Craig: "Boys don't think anything is 'pretty' "

Kylee: "Except for girls"

Craig; "Yeah"

Mom to Craig: "What girls do you think are pretty?"

Craig: "A****" (a little girl I'll remain nameless..her mom knows who she is ;) )

Kylee: "No, he think's she's 'hot' "

Mom: "How do you define 'hot'?"

Craig: "When she's cute and you love her and she loves me"

Mom: "How do you choose one girl? When A****, M******, and S******* all love you?"

Kylee: "Because A**** is the 'hottest'"

Craig: "No, because A**** is crazy like me'!"

Mom: "So, because of her personality?"

Craig: "And she's 'hot'"

The conversation went on a little further, but just reminded me that my little boy is growing up way too fast! I don't know how I feel about him calling someone "hot". We'll have to have a little chat about that (he's only 7!) and how he can't fall in love until he's 21! Although he is so sweet, and it is innocent, I better watch out!

8 comments:

MillerTime said...

Welcome back to the Blogging world!!! Please let Craig know that he has some competition at our house for A*****..... but he has GREAT taste! :-)

Wendy said...

Ohh...that melts my heart. They grow up so fast. Pretty soon they'll be hot and asking your boy to girls choice dances!

Davis' said...

that's way too cute!!

Jennie Z said...

I always knew Craig would be getting all the girls! I love how you record your cute little conversations.

Kathy Habel said...

Too cute!

jenandjustin said...

too funny! Have I ever told you that your kids are the cutest?

Christi said...

The curly haired girls is SO adorable!

steph j. said...

So funny! If I could be a fly on the wall and get to choose any location in the world to be...I'd pick your house!